The automation of the process of registration and reception of the guests is an advantage for both the hotel and the client. This is stated by the establishments that bet in their day for the different technologies that allow online check-in.
The times in which the tourist was reluctant to provide their data by filling out an online form during the reservation process have passed. Now the sector faces rather the challenge of responding to the immediacy that the mobile tourist demands and still offer an effective, friendly and personalized check-in experience as possible.
The car ckeck in revolutionized the air sector first and was subsequently applied, progressively, to the hotel industry, albeit in a lighter version, as there was concern that automation was not compatible with the reception liturgy of the traveler.
In effect, the experience of the client upon arrival at a hotel is one of the critical moments of the hotel service. And yes, also in this sector you can affirm that “the first impression is what counts”.
To optimize this process, hotel chains and independent hotels have been incorporating different solutions. Let’s quickly review some of them:
- Online booking systems that require scanning the identity document as part of the initial process. The user must scan their ID document by their own means in addition to making the online payment.
- Installation of auto check-in machines, so that the reception space is completely canceled, to the point that the traveler does not interact with any person upon arrival at the hotel. Low cost chains of hotels at the foot of the highway and in the outskirts of cities, such as Formule 1, were pioneers in the installation of these solutions with the purpose of reducing management costs.
- Tactile screens or tablets located in the hotel lobby from which the traveler validates the registration previously processed online.
- Halfway between the figure of a receptionist and a self-check-in machine, there are already hotels that are experimenting with robotics. If Aloft was the first brand to incorporate an android butler to service their room service, there are already Japanese hotels that plan to integrate shortly robots in their reception staff that would take care of tasks that do not provide added value, such as guest identification process.
- Hotel apps that the customer downloads on their smartphone and that allow them to make the reservation of the room and access other additional services that the establishment offers its customers.
Perhaps it is this last option that poses a more authentic, personalized and comfortable check in express experience for the traveler.
In this case, the speed of the check in is guaranteed if the app also incorporates features that allow the identification prior to the arrival of the guest as presented in the video that we have generated for hotels that already use the customizable app developed and marketed by Hotelmanager under the project #nohotelsinapp .
In less than 1 minute, the uncomfortable process of the identification of the client is solved. The hotel can already comply with the requirements of the law and the guest avoids waiting in front of the reception desk.
What do you think of this alternative to offer a really express check in?